You have GOT to try this new Tastes Like Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Smoothie! My kids could not believe it was healthy and that it contained both spinach and avocado. This is definitely their favourite smoothie of all time and is a great alternative to mint chocolate chip ice cream.
I love that the spinach, avocado, cashews and dates provide my kids with a good dose of vitamins A, B, C, E and K, and minerals manganese, magnesium, iron, copper, zinc, manganese and potassium. It also contains a good dose of fibre along with some heart-healthy monounsaturated fats. Come to think of it, this smoothie is almost like a kids multivitamin!
Tastes Like Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream SmoothiePrint This
- ¼ cup raw cashews
- ¼ of an avocado
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 3 dates, pitted
- 1 tbsp maple syrup, optional, to taste, if not sweet enough
- 1/8 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1 cup ice, optional
- Add all ingredients to a blender except ice to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add ice to reach your desired consistency, and blend again.
Note: If you prefer, you can substitute 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves for the peppermint extract.
GF, DF, GRF, EF, Vegan, Vegetarian