This is a super simple side salad that goes well with almost any meal, but don’t be deceived by its simplicity, because what it lacks for in complexity, it makes up in taste! In my opinion, what makes a salad taste good is not only the dressing (although this one is fab!) but the quality and freshness of the ingredients in the salad. It can be simple but delicious if you pick the ingredients straight out of your garden and then drizzle a beautiful vinaigrette over the top. Simple, but delicious.
Simplest Side SaladPrint This
- 8 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup baby tomatoes, halved
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette, or less, to taste
- Place all ingredients except for vinaigrette in a large bowl.
- Add in dressing and serve immediately.
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly-ground pepper, to taste
- Whisk together the vinegar, mustard and honey in a medium sized bowl.
- Slowly pour in olive oil in a steady stream, whisking as you go.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.