Who doesn’t love pizza? In my house, everyone! And what better way to get the kids to eat zucchini than to make it taste like pizza? Seriously, this recipe is so tasty and easy that you will want to add it to your weekly rotation. Full of protein, fibre, healthy carbs and heart-healthy lycopene, immune-boosting vitamin C, energy-supporting B vitamins, this meal will keep you satisfied for hours.
Pizza Zucchini BoatsPrint This
- 6 zucchinis
- 150 grams ground beef (about one package)
- ½ cup chopped onions
- 3/4 cup pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup black beans
- ½ cup corn kernels
- ½ teaspoon basil
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- sea salt and freshly-ground pepper, to taste
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut zucchinis in half lengthwise and then use a spoon to scoop out the insides so that about 1/2 inch skin remains. Place the scooped out zucchini meat into a large bowl.
- Place the zucchinis face side down onto a cutting board to drain.
- In a large saucepan cook beef until only slightly pink inside, then add the onions and cook until no pink is visible. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the beef and onions in the bowl with scooped out zucchini, and add the pasta sauce, black beans, corn, spices, salt and pepper. Mix together until well blended.
- Turn the zucchini boats right side up and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place the filling inside the zucchini boats, then top with the cheese.
- Bake the zucchini for 25 minutes, then broil for 2 more minutes to melt the cheese.
GF, DF, EF, GRF, SF