Pan Fried Brussels SproutsPrint This
- 1-2 tbsp bacon grease or ghee
- 2 c brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
- 1/2 red onion, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 c red wine vinegar
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup roasted walnut halves (opt)
- 1/4 c dried cranberries (opt)
- In a medium saucepan, heat bacon fat or ghee over medium heat.
- Add onions and brussels sprouts and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add red wine vinegar and turn heat to high, alllowing vinegar to evaporate.
- Season with sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat, toss in roasted walnuts and cranberries and serve immediately.