This delicious high-protein salad comes together in just minutes. It’s a great choice when you are looking for a simple, inexpensive plant-based meal or side that takes less than 10 minutes to make. It’s also very kid and allergy-friendly and can easily be converted to a vegan meal if you sub out the honey for maple syrup. We usually eat this salad on it’s own but you could also top it with some tempeh or tofu.
Super Simple Lentil SaladPrint This
- 1 can of lentils, drained
- 1/2 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 carrot, peeled and shredded
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- parsley, as garnish
- In a large bowl mix together lentils, peppers, celery, onion and carrot.
- In a separate bowl whisk together lemon, olive oil, and honey and pour over salad.
- Season with salt and pepper to your liking and garnish with parley.
Gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free, vegetarian