This is a custom workout created for one of my clients who is a manager at Canada Post. She has been working hard making sure our essential services keep running during this scary time when many of us are allowed to be working safely from home. After a stressful week of missing workouts and letting her nutrition slide (like the rest of us) she reached out to me at home.
She explained her situation and asked me to create a workout for her that made do with what minimal time and equipment that she had at home, which was a pair of dumbbells and a yoga mat. She requested a program that would work her hard and make her sweat, keep her on track towards her weight loss goal, and alleviate some of the stress that’s abundant in all of our lives.
I asked if I could share her workout to provide an example of what personalized programming looks like for our clients and she happily agreed, so I am sharing that workout with you here. In the time that passed since I wrote her initial workout, she also bought a TRX (one of my favourite pieces of workout equipment) so that we could increase her workout intensity and variety.
Luckily, she agreed to let me share that workout with you as well, which I will do in an upcoming post. In the meantime though, here is her home workout using only dumbbells and a mat….and a video of her trainer for company 😉
Complete each exercise below for the indicated amount of reps. Repeat the entire sequence 3-4 times, making sure to warm-up prior to and cool-down following the workout. See the video below for a demonstration of all the exercises along with some really cool youtube music in the background 😉
- Alternating Single Arm DB and Press – 10 reps / side
- Weighted Burpee to Overhead Press – 10 reps
- Staggered Stance Deadlift superset with Bent Over DB Row – 10 reps of each / side
- Alternating Curtsy Squat with Bicep Curl – 10 reps total
- Tricep Dip with Knee Tuck and Extension superset with Supine Arm and Leg Raises – 10 reps each / side
- Alternating Arm and Leg Raises – 10 reps
- Weighted Lateral Squat Walk – 10 reps