This Upper-Lower-Core Workout (ULC) was developed by Lynne Jenkins, who is a certified personal trainer and Pilates Instructor at the Almonte Fitness Centre. Each round targets the upper body, the lower body and the core, for a full-body workout. All you need to complete this workout is 20 minutes, a pair of dumbbells and a mat.
Start with a 3-5 minute dynamic warm-up. Here is an example of some exercises you can do. Then, start with Round 1 below and complete the recommended reps of each exercise. Repeat the round 2-3 times before proceeding to the next round. Make sure to cool down with some static stretches afterwards.
- Upper – Push-ups – 10 reps
- Lower – DB or Kettlebell Goblet Squats – 10 reps
- Core – Dead Bugs – 10 total reps (5 per side)
- Upper – DB Shoulder Press – 10 reps
- Lower – DB Lunge – 10 reps per side
- Core – Straight leg bicycles – 10 reps per side
- Upper – Bent over DB row – 10 reps
- Lower – Wall sit – 30 seconds
- Core – unilateral RDL with extension – 10 total reps (5 per side)
That’s all folks! Now just cool-down for 5-7 minutes with some static stretching.