Sweet and tart at the same time, this strawberry plum smoothie bowl is one of the most delicious smoothies I have ever tasted. The lignans and plant estrogens of flaxseed, and the libido boosting power of maca, combined with good doses of protein and healthy fats make this the go-to smoothie for balancing hormones.
Smoothie for Balancing HormonesPrint This
- 1 c coconut milk from a chilled can (what is left after the coconut cream is scooped off) or unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 c cold water
- 2 frozen bananas, chopped
- 4 plums, chopped
- 1 ¼ c frozen strawberries
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 scoop vanilla vegan protein powder
- toppings: shredded coconut, pumpkin seeds, pomegranate seeds, blueberries
- Place all ingredients (except for toppings) into a blender in the order listed and blend until smooth. You may need to scrape down the sides of a blender a few times as this smoothie comes out really thick.
- Pour or ladle into a wide bowl and top with shredded coconut, pumpkin seeds, pomegranate seeds and blueberries. Serve immediately.