Have you ever wished that it was easier to get your kids to eat their greens? Well, with this recipe I can grant your wish! Make this smoothie bowl for breakfast or dessert and watch your kids gobble it up and ask for seconds. Each smoothie bowl contains three full cups of spinach and because it tastes and looks like just mint chocolate chip ice cream, they will no have idea how much spinach is in there. This smoothie bowl is a huge hit with all four of my kids and I never have to worry about them getting their daily dose of greens. Even better, each bowl contains good amounts of protein, iron, magnesium, zinc, folate, calcium, essential fatty acids, vitamin K and vitamin A.
Mint Chocolate Chip Smoothie BowlPrint This
- 2/3 c hemp milk
- 1 large frozen banana, chopped
- 3 c baby spinach
- 1 tbsp cashew butter
- 2-3 fresh mint leaves
- 1 scoop vanilla vegan protein powder (I like Genuine Health Vegan Proteins Plus)
- 2 tbsp raw cocoa nibs
- 1 date
- 2 drops peppermint extract
- 1/2 c ice
- 2 tbsp GF granola and 2 tbsp raw cacao nibs for topping
- Add all ingredients (except for the topping ingredients) to a blender in the order listed and blend until smooth.
- If the smoothie is too thick to blend properly, add a tiny bit of cold filtered water, but be careful not to add too much or your smoothie bowl will turn into a regular smoothie (in which case you can just drink it).
- Pour into a bowl and top with granola and raw cacao nibs and serve with a spoon.
- Enjoy immediately.