These potent little lemony cancer-fighters are one of my favourite treats. They taste just divine and are naturally high in minerals, antioxidants, vitamin C, fibre, and heart-healthy fats, making them the perfect snack for any time of day! I especially love them as a post-workout treat. Pop one, or two, or three!
Lemon Drop Energy BallsPrint This
- 1¼ cups (310 mL) raw cashews
- 10 Medjool dates, pitted
- ¼ cup (60 mL) shredded, unsweetened coconut (first amount)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) coconut oil
- Zested rind of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup (60 mL) shredded, unsweetened coconut (for rolling)
- Place the cashews in a food processor, and mix until roughly ground so that only tiny pieces remain. Remove from food processor and set aside.
- In your food processor, mix together the dates, ¼ cup (60 mL) coconut, coconut oil and lemon rind and mix until the dates are mashed.
- Add the ground cashews and lemon juice and process until a ball of dough starts to form.
- Remove dough from food processor and, with your hands, roll into ping-pong sized balls, then roll in shredded coconut.
- Store in the fridge in an air-tight glass container for up to two weeks.
GF, DF, SF, GRF, Vegan, Vegetarian, Paleo, Primal