These meatballs were inspired by what remained in my fridge on Saturday, the day before I grocery shop….a package of lean ground turkey, eggs, a bunch of fresh herbs, half a red pepper, some finely chopped onions and some garlic. I added in some almond flour that I had in my pantry and created these awesome protein-packed meatballs.
What I love about these meatballs is that they are super moist and incredibly flavourful, which is rare for turkey meat, which tends to taste dry and bland. These meatballs are also great because they can be eaten by those on grain-free, low-carb or paleo style diets and they work great as a portable snack option too!
Plus they are chock-full of herbs that fight inflammation and cancer, freshen your breath, and provide a great dose of vitamins A, C and K as well as a good dose of folate and iron. You have to try them out yourself to believe something so good for you can still taste this good! Happy and healthy cooking!
Italian Paleo Turkey MeatballsPrint This
- 1 pound lean ground turkey (essentially one package)
- 3 tbsp almond flour
- 1 egg
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ¼ cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh sage, finely chopped
- 2 tbsps fresh basil, finely chopped
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 red pepper, finely diced
- 1/4 almond flour, for rolling
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients, with the exception of the 1/4 cup of almond flour, until well combined.
- Wet your hands slightly and form 1 1/2-inch meatballs. Roll them in the almond flour and place them on a parchment-paper-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until no longer pink inside.
- Serve immediately.
GF, DF, SF, GF, Paleo, Primal