So simple and yet so tasty, this trail mix is perfect for adults and kids alike. We pack it up for long hikes in the woods and the kids snack on it after school. This snack mix provides everyone with what they crave the most – it’s a little sweet, a little salty, a little spicy and a little crunchy – the perfect snack for families with varying tastes. Plus, in addition to all the health benefits of nuts (healthy fat, high fibre, protein), you get the added benefit of the curry powder, which helps stabilize blood sugar, reduce inflammation, fight cancer and promote detoxification, so go get your curry on!
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp curry powder (I recommend you make your own)
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1 1/4 tsp himalayan sea salt
- 1 c almonds
- 1/2 c macadamia nuts
- 1 c walnuts
- 1/2 c pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 c sesame seeds
- 1/2 c raisins
- 1/2 cranberries
- 1/2 c mulberries
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Melt the coconut oil over medium heat. Stir in the curry powder. Remove from heat and stir in honey and sea salt.
- In a large bowl mix together almonds, macadamia nuts, walnuts, pumpkin seeds and sesame seeds.
- Pour liquid over the nuts and mix together well.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the nuts out evenly so they overlap as little as possible.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through to make sure nuts cook evenly.
- Remove from heat and try not to drool over the delicious smell wafting upwards.
- Let cool then add in raisins, cranberries and mulberries.
- Store in an airtight glass container.