Christmas just came and went, much faster than I would have liked, and every year I make my friends and family homemade baked Christmas treats. This year, I decided to bake up something special for our two year old poodle-shitzu mix, Kasha, as well. I am happy to report that my recipe testers recorded yelps of excitement and repeated enthusiastic tail wagging! I even shipped them off to some of my dog-owning friends, who reported similar results! I highly recommend you whip up a batch of these for your furry friend and even though they are meant for dogs, they are perfectly safe for human consumption as well.
Healthy Homemade Dog TreatsPrint This
- 3 cups brown rice flour
- 1 cup white rice flour
- 1 cup gluten-free quick oats
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup butternut squash puree
- 4 eggs, whisked
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 tbsp chicken broth
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together brown rice flour, white rice flour, oats, cinnamon and sea salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together butternut squash, eggs, peanut butter, chicken broth and coconut oil.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until a dough forms.
- Roll out the dough to 1/4 inch thick and cut out cookie shakes.
- Place cookies onto a parchment-paper lined cookie sheet and bake for approximately 21 minutes.
- Let cool on a wire rack.
Gluten-free, Dairy-free and Sulfate-free