Full of libido and mood-boosting foods like maca, raw cacao bananas, walnuts, cinnamon and of course, raw oysters. Lol, I kill myself sometimes…ok, ok, there are no raw oysters in this smoothie, promise! So what kind of aphrodisiac qualities does it possess? Well let me count the ways:
- Cacao spikes dopamine levels, which are associated with increase pleasure;
- Maca enhances fertility and boosts energy levels;
- Bananas provides potassium which helps boost electrolytes and provides you with more staying power;
- They also contain bromelain which triggers testosterone production, plus bananas just look…right;
- Walnuts contain B vitamins which boost energy, and zinc which boosts testosterone levels;
- Cinnamon gets the blood flowing in the right areas, if you know what I mean;
- Vanilla stimulates nerves, making certain physical sensations more intense.
Not that you needed convincing to drink this smoothie that tastes just like a chocolate milkshake, but there you have it. Seven extra reasons to make this smoothie that helps get you in the moody!
Get Me in the Moody SmoothiePrint This
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon maca
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- a pinch of sea salt
- 3 ice cubes, optional
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
GF, DF, GRF, VEGAN, VEG, PALEO, PRIMAL