This is my favourite homemade hummus ever. It’s so easy to make and yet so much healthier for you than store-bought hummus, which is full of preservatives and inflammatory oils. This is the perfect dip for fresh veggies and homemade crackers and can be used as a base for creating fancier, more complex types of hummus.
- 2 cans organic chickpeas
- 1/4 c liquid, reserved from the chickpeas
- 1/2 freshly squeezed lemon
- 1/2 c tahini
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Drain and rinse chickpeas, retaining 1/4 c of the liquid from one can.
- Blend together rinsed chickpeas and reserved liquid in a food processor until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Store in the fridge in a glass container for up to one week.