After many, many failed attempts I finally figured out how to make crispy sweet potato fries! Seriously, no more soggy fries for me (or you)! The trick is coating them in arrowroot starch, baking them at a high enough temperature but not so high that they get burned, and making sure to leave space between the fries on your baking sheet.
Another trick is to add chili powder, which, when combined with the cinnamon, gives the fries a bit more grown up appeal, without making them too spicy for kids to eat. In fact, I taste-tested these on my kids, who devoured them in seconds, literally seconds, and then proceeded to ask for more, so I think we have a winner!
Crispy Sweet Potato FriesPrint This
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into strips
- 1 1/2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tbsp arrowroot flour
- Place sweet potatoes into a large bowl and toss with avocado oil, chili powder, ground cinnamon and sea salt.
- Sprinkle arrowroot flour on top and toss to coat.
- Divide sweet potatoes fries among two cookie sheets, making sure to leave a lot of space between each fry.
- Bake at 450 for 23-25 minutes.
GF, DF, VEG, VEGAN, SF