The idea to make these thumbprint cookies was suggested to me by one of my Instagram followers when I asked what to do with my leftover cranberry sauce and they turned out awesome! They go especially well with this Ginger Orange Cranberry Sauce.
The good thing is one you are done making these, you can use the cranberry sauce in these awesome Cranberry Turkey Burgers as well so it will be used up in no time! If you are not a big cranberry fan, you could also try using this Fresh Berry Sauce to make them instead, but I haven’t tried it yet, so if you do, let me know how they turn out!
Cranberry Thumbprint CookiesPrint This
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot starch
- 2 Tablespoons flax meal
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking soda
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 - 4 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup leftover cranberry sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Add in the coconut oil and water and mix in a food processor until dough sticks together.
- Roll into balls, and use your thumb to create an indent in the centre of each cookie.
- Scoop about 1 teaspoon of leftover cranberry sauce into the centre of each cookie.
- Lay cookies out on a parchment paper lined cooked sheet.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes.