For those looking for a grain-free, paleo or primal-friendly, low-carb side dish, this is it! It’s super easy to make and even though it’s cauliflower, it tastes amazing! I really love the taste of thyme and the addition of the two oils which gives this healthy dish an indulgent, decadent feel.
What I love about cauliflower is that it’s part of the cruciferous family of vegetables, which are known for being potent detoxifiers, cancer-fighters and hormone-balancers! It’s also an excellent source of vitamin C (surprise!), vitamin K and B vitamins. It’s also a great source of dietary fibre, which is important for satiety, weight-loss, proper elimination and detoxification.
Cauliflower PureePrint This
- 2 medium heads cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp thyme, fresh
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
1. Bring the stock to boil in a large pot and add the cauliflower.
2. Reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Remove cauliflower from the heat, and place in the food processor.
4. Add the garlic, oils, thyme, salt and pepper and process until pureed.
5. If needed season with additional salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Grain-free, Egg-free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Paleo, Primal