I was so happy to see my smoothie featured in Tuja Wellness’s 30 Day Green Smoothie Challenge. This challenge runs every year and I love participating because it’s a great way to start your day off with a super dose of nutrients! The folks at Tuja Wellness even went the extra mile and took all of the smoothie recipes from the 30 day challenge and incorporated them into a free ebook you can download. How cool is that?!
The recipe I personally created for their challenge contains beets, which I adore because they provide a sweet, rich taste and give the smoothie a gorgeous, dark red colour. Beets are the way to go when it comes to performance enhancing nutrition. You can’t ‘beet’ their effects when it comes to more efficient muscular and cardiovascular performance. This smoothie is perfect as a pre-workout drink or as a Monday morning mood booster, and will provide you with all the nutrition you need to perform at your best and get you through the rest of your day with energy to spare.
Can't Be BEET SmoothiePrint This
- 1 c freshly squeezed orange juice
- ½ c unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 small beet, peeled and chopped
- 1 c mixed strawberries, blackberries and cherries
- 1 scoop Genuine Health’s Greens Plus O powder
- Juice from ½ medium lime
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- ½ c ice
- Add all ingredients to your blender in the order listed and blend until smooth.
- Enjoy pre-workout or first thing Monday morning to get you over those Sunday night blues.
Photo credit: Lynsey Walker