These is one of my favourite breakfasts to make when I need a boost of energy in the morning, particularly when I am planning a heavy leg workout that day. These pancakes taste like an indulgent, hearty breakfast, yet are actually low in calories and have a really nice balance of protein, carbs and fats, which satisfies for hours. Even more importantly, for those of us with busy mornings (actually, is there anyone who doesn’t have busy mornings anymore?) they whip up in mere minutes.
Banana Nut PancakesPrint This
- 1/2 cup gluten-free quick oats
- 2 eggs
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 tablespoon full fat coconut milk (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon walnut pieces
- 2 tablespoons raisins, cranberries or chopped, dried apples (optional)
- coconut oil, for the pan
- Mix together oats, eggs, banana, coconut milk, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Add in walnuts and dried fruit of choice.
- Heat coconut oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Scoop 1/2 cup of batter into pan and spread out with a fork if needed.
- Cook until the edges of the pancake start to brown and it easily lifts off pan.
- Flip the pancake over and cook until done.
- Repeat with remaining batter and top with your favourite toppings
GF, DF, SF, Vegan, Vegetarian