This Tuna Avocado Salad is one of my favourite meals ever. There is just something about the creamy avocado combined with tuna that just delights the taste buds. It takes less than five minutes to prepare and there is no cooking involved, which is great for those crazy hectic days where you are just scrambling from activity to activity (which for us, is pretty much Monday to Friday).
Sometimes I like to eat it with a spoon out of a bowl, other times I get fancier and eat it atop a pair of rice cakes or wrapped up in a romaine lettuce leaf. I particularly like the lettuce wrap because it adds an extra bit of crunchiness along with a powerful dose of greens. Add a bottle of Perrier and I am in bliss.
Avocado Tuna SaladPrint This
- 1 can flaked tuna, drained
- 1 avocado, peeled and finely chopped*
- ¼ red pepper, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- ¼ red onion, peeled and diced
- a good squeeze of lemon (I used half a lemon)
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 rice cakes or four Romaine lettuce leaves
- Mix together all ingredients, except for the rice cakes.
- Top rice cakes or Romaine lettuce leaves with tuna salad and serve.
*Alternatively you can use 1/2 of an avocado and 1 tbsp olive oil mayo.
GF, DF, Vegetarian, Paleo, Primal