Full of dates, flax, almonds and walnuts, these vegan cookies are the perfect antidote to a low energy, head bob kinda afternoon. Fill of fibre, plant-based protein, omega-3 fats, these cookies won’t spike your blood sugar like most conventional cookies. Just a quick warning – these are very kid-friendly, and they disappear fast, so you might want to make two batches from the get-go!
Almond Walnut Date CookiesPrint This
- ¼ cup flaxmeal
- ¼ cup warm water
- ¾ cup almond meal
- ¼ cup arrowroot starch
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup walnuts, finely chopped
- ½ cup medjool dates, chopped
- 1/8 cup maple syrup
- 1/8 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Mix together flaxmeal and water and set aside to thicken.
- In a large bowl, mix together almond meal, arrowroot starch, baking soda, cinnamon and sea salt.
- Add in coconut, walnuts, dates, maple syrup, coconut sugar, and vanilla.
- Wet hands, roll dough into 1 inch balls and place on a parchment-paper lined cookie sheet.
- Flatten slightly with a wet fork, then bake at 375 for 10 mins or until edges start to brown.
GF, DF, EF, Vegan, Vegetarian